What happened to the Disney Magic Express?
It truly seemed magical when you would fly into the Orlando International Airport (MCO) and have complimentary transportation to the Disney Resort you were staying in. So, What happened to the Disney Magic Express? Along with other cuts from Disney over the years, it was decided to also quit offering the Disney Magical Express service from the airport. No more free rides from the airport. Surprising to some, this affects guests booking at any of the Disney World Resorts, not just the Value line.
For many, having the Magical Express Bus pick you up and whisk you off to your resort just made things easier. One less thing to think about.
Since there is no Disney Magical Express, what options are available to get from the MCO airport to your Resort?
- Mears Transportation System
Mears has serviced the Orlando area for many years and is a go-to for most guests visiting Disney World. Scheduling a sedan, SUV, limousine, or van is as easy as picking up the phone and calling for a ride. As you exit the MCO airport to the taxi pickup lanes, you can also ask for a ride from one of the Mears associates as well. Calling ahead might be a better option in most cases though.
- Sedan: Cars are capable of carrying up to 3 guests in the back seat
- SUV: Larger SUV’s offer a larger space and more comfort for up to 5 guests
- Limousine: Ride in style in the Mears Limousine service. Limo’s are exciting to pull up to your resort and can accommodate 6 guests.
- Executive Limo: Stepping into one of these stretch limo’s is a great experience with leather interior that can hold up to 11 guests and have extra luggage space
- Executive Van: Sometimes, a van is the best option, especially if you need some extra headroom or need something handicap accessible
Riding with Lyft is a great option in the Orlando area and has taken over by storm. Simply download the Lyft App and schedule your ride. Someone will come by and pick you up and take you on your way to your resort.
- Car Rental
Having your own car can be a benefit if you would like to explore outside of Walt Disney World. Rental stations are available at the MCO airport. Be sure to set up your rental before taking your trip to guarantee the type of vehicle you are looking for.
Many options but none of them are free
As you can see, there are many different options for getting to your Disney World destination but none of them are free. Gone are the days of the Disney Magic Express Bus ride from the MCO airport. Be sure to budget in these travel changes when you go to Disney World so you are not caught off guard.