Volcano Pool with Water Slide
What a great themed Pool at the Disney Polynesian Resort. The towering 40 foot Volcano can be seen from various locations around the Polynesian Resort calling for you to join in the fun. Seeing the Disney Polynesian Pool pictures, you see the amazing design and layout in this South Pacific themed pool area. Tropical flowers and plants encompass the Pool location making it feel as if you are truly on a Hawaiian Island. The family pool is the Nanea Volcano Pool and is located just behind the Great Ceremonial House where you check-in. Viewing the incredible family pool for the first time, you can’t help but notice the 40 foot Volcano overlooking the pool area. The Nanea Volcano is used to complete the South Pacific Island theme of the resort but built inside is a 142-foot tube water slide that offers hours of fun. Lifeguards are on duty at the Family Pool during the day giving you some peace of mind as you lounge by the side of the pool. For a full pampering by the pool, you can rent one of the cabanas and be in a more private setting and be taken care of all day long.
Water Park Information at Disney Polynesian Resort:
- Pool Hours: Daily 8am – 11pm
- Outdoor Pool: Nanea Volcano Family Pool & the Oasis more quiet Pool
- Indoor Pool: You will not find an Indoor Pool at the Disney Polynesian Resort
- Large Water Slides: One (1) large 142-foot water slide at the Lava Pool
- Kids Water Slides: Two (2) kids water slide at the kiddie splash park near the Lava Pool
- Lazy River: There is not a Lazy River at the Polynesian Resort at Disney World
- Kids Splash Park: A fun splash park is perfect for the smaller kids with sprinklers, places to climb and 2 water slides located near the Volcano Pool
- Zero-entry: Zero-entry access is found at the Kids Splash Park and the Volcano Pool
- Hot Tub: A huge hot tub is located near the Volcano Pool
- Towels: Towels are provided at each of the pool areas
- Cabanas: Cabanas are available for an additional daily fee but there are not many so be sure to book yours early.
- Notice: Pool hours can change without notice. Always check the daily schedule at the Disney Polynesian Resort for the updated hours to the pools and any events.
- Who: The Pool are for all Guests at the Disney Polynesian Deluxe Resort
- Lifeguards: Lifeguards are on duty around the pools and the water slides
Polynesian Resort Pools and Water Fun
Family Volcano Pool - Lava Pool
Situated directly on the Seven Seas Lagoon, across from the Magic Kingdom, the Disney Polynesian Resort Lava Pool is a wonderful place to enjoy relaxing on a South Pacific Beach while taking in all that Disney has to offer. The Volcano Pool is located just behind the main check-in building and is a fun family pool. Heated when necessary, the Lava Pool is great for all year fun. Towering over 40 feet tall, the Volcano by the pool is a main focal point and brings out the Hawaiin Island theme along with the beautiful palm trees and colorful flowers. A water slide is built into the Volcano and the pool has a zero-entry point for easy access to the little one. Plenty of seating is located around the Lava Pool and a Bar is close by for those great adult drinks by the pool.
- Heated Family Pool
- Unique Hawaiin theme with 40 foot Volcano
- Water Slide built into the Volcano
- Towels are provided
- Recreational Activities Held Each Day by Disney Staff
- Zero Entry Access
- Lifeguards on Duty
For a quieter lounge around the pool, head over to the Oasis Pool located on the other side of the Samoa building beside the Lava Pool. This oval-shaped pool does not have any water slides or water fun areas so it will likely be much more serene than the Volcano Pool. Gentle sloping edges make for easy entry and exit from the pool and there are 3 cabanas located on the edge for rent.
- Quieter Pool
- Towels are provided
- Zero Entry Access
Kids Splash Park
What family fun!
Sprinklers are fun
Great smaller water slides
Lifeguard is watching the action
Located near the Volcano Pool is a fun splash area for the kids with zero-entry, plenty of spaces to climb and a couple of water slides. Kids will spend hours dancing around and playing in the water, staying cool while you can watch the fun on their faces and know that the Disney Polynesian Resort is a great fit for the whole family.
- Two (2) smaller water slides
At the Volcano Pool you will find a large, 142-foot water slide that starts at the backside of the Volcano. Great fun for the older kids and the adults alike. A lifeguard is on duty to make sure everyone stays safe.
Lifeguards are stationed around the Volcano Pool and water slide to keep everyone safe throughout the day.
Take a boat out on the Seven Seas Lagoon and see the Disney Polynesian Resort in a new way. Zoom around the waters and take in all of the surrounding resorts as well as watch the other boats transporting guests to and from the Magic Kingdom. Get some great, unique pictures of the Monorail as it passes overhead. Multiple watercraft can be rented from Pontoon boats to 2-person searay raycers.
Take a stroll, or just sit on the sand and watch as the boats float by on one of the white sandy beaches that line the Seven Seas Lagoon around the Disney Polynesian Resort.