There are many reasons to consider staying at this resort, but the Loews Portofino Bay Hotel Swimming Pools will add another strong reason for you and your entire family. There are a total of three (3) Pools on the property, and each one serves a specific purpose. If you want to be pampered while you are at the pool really, 2 of these pools have Cabanas to give you more comforts than you can ever imagine.
Pool and Water Park Information:
- Pool Hours: Daily 9am – 10pm
- Indoor Pool: You will not find an Indoor Heated Pool at the Portofino Bay Hotel
- Outdoor Pool: Three (3) Outdoor pools can be found around the Portofino Bay Resort. The Beach Family Pool, Villa Pool and the Hillside Adult only pool.
- Water Slides: One (1) Aqueduct Themed Twisting Water Slide at the Beach Pool that spans 140 feet in length
- Lazy River: There is not a Lazy River at the Portofino Bay Hotel
- Kids Splash Park: Kiddie Splash area at main pool with Zero Entry, multiple water fountains and shallow pool
- Zero-entry: Zero-entry access is available at the children’s pool and the Family Beach Pool
- Towels: Located around the Beach Pool
- Cabanas: Multiple Cabanas are available at the more upscale Villa Pool but you can also find a few at the Beach Family Pool. Since the Cabanas at the Portofino Bay Resort are limited, be sure to book yours early. Cabanas are an additional fee.
- Hot Tub: Two (2) Hot Tubs are located at the Beach Family Pool and another Two (2) are located at the Villa Pool
- Notice: Pool hours can change without notice. Always check the daily schedule at the hotel for the updated hours to the pools and any events.
- Who: The Beach and Villa Pools are for all Guests at the Portofino Bay Resort. The Hillside Pool is a private, Adults only pool
- Lifeguards: Lifeguards are on duty daily at the beach pool when the water slide is operational. Please check with the front desk to verify these times.
Villa Pool with Cabanas
The Villa Pool is provided as a more upscale Swimming Pool having many upgraded amenities that you will not find at the other pools. Beautiful Romanesque gardens surround the Villa Pool adding a flare of the tropics. You will feel like you are at a Mediterranean Resort with a hint of Florida thrown in. Enjoy relaxing on the upgraded padded lounge chairs. The Villa pool has a total of 16 Cabanas prepared with everything you need to pamper you on your vacation. The Cabanas are an additional cost, but for the benefits, you might consider taking one in during your stay. Two large whirlpools are available at this pool for your enjoyment.
Villa Pool Amenities:
- Large more Quiet Pool area
- Upgraded Amenities
- Nice Lounge Chairs
- 2 Jacuzzi's
- 16 Cabanas Available at this Pool location
The Hillside - Adult Pool
The Hillside pool is a smaller pool without all of the extra amenities but is still a very nice location if you are looking to have a quiet place to read and get away from all of the commotion. There are lounge chairs at the Hillside Pool, and you will find that it is much quieter than any of the other pools at the Portofino Bay Resort.
Hillside Pool Amenities:
- Smaller Pool
- More Private
- Adults Only
The Beach Family Pool
The Beach Pool is more suited for the entire family because it has a white sandy beach that all of the lounge chairs sit on and provides a great location and feel as if you are staying on an Italian Bay. The kids will love this location because the Portofino Resort has built a one of a kind Roman Aqueduct Themed Water Slide providing hours of fun for everyone in the family. For the younger ones, they will have hours of fun entering this large pool with the main Zero-Entry location filled with multiple water fountains. There are 2 Whirlpools at the Beach Pool, and the adults can enjoy relaxing while the kids are off playing.
Beach Pool Amenities:
- Large Roman Aqueduct Style Twisting Water Slide
- Zero Entry Pool
- 2 Jacuzzi's
- White Sandy Beach Area
- Interactive Water Fountains
- Kiddie Pool in the same area
- Daily Activities like, Ping Pong, Hula Hoop and a Dive-In Movie
- 3 Cabanas Available at this Pool location
The Water Slide is located at the Beach Pool and is designed to look like a Roman Aquaduct system filling the pool with water and happy kids as they slide along to the drop zone. This is the only water slide at the Portofino Bay Resort and is 140 feet in length, adding hours of fun to all family members tall enough to enjoy it.
Across from the Beach Pool, a large but very shallow kids pool is perfect for the small ones to get wet and cool off in the Florida sun. Plenty of lounge chairs surround the pool to give parents a place to watch the little ones as they play.
Flotation vests are located around the Beach pool for kids of all sizes. The vests are free for guests of the Portofino Bay Resort.
There are multiple hot tubs located around the pools at the Portofino Bay. Many of the Hot Tubs are located in more secluded areas hidden from the pools. At the Villa Pool, walk across the courtyard and up the roman steps to two (2) huge hot tubs. There are also two (2) more hot tubs located at the Beach Family Pool.
Book your Cabana early before they are all gone. The Loews Portofino Bay Resort has a minimal number of Cabanas to go around. If you want guaranteed shade and additional pampering, check with the front desk and get your Cabana rented as soon as you check in.
- 16 Cabanas at the Villa Pool
- Ceiling Fan
- Plasma TV
- Refrigerator with Water and Soda
- Fruit Bowl
- Make Reservations early because there are a limited amount of availability
Frequently Asked Questions: Loews Portofino Bay Hotel Pool
Are towels provided at the Portofino Bay Pools?
Yes, leave your towels behind. You will find bins of towels at all of the pools at the Portofino Bay Hotel.
Are the pools heated?
Yes, the pools are heated at the Universal Orlando Portofino Resort
What is the water slide like?
There is one (1) water slide at the Beach Family Pool that is 140 feet long and looks like a Roman Aqueduct. Older kids and adults love this water slide and it adds hours of fun to the pool visit.