Fun in the Sun at the Contemporary Hotel Pool in Disney World
There is one very large Disney Contemporary Resort Pool and a smaller Bulls-eye pool that is more shallow around the edges. Both of the pools at the Disney Contemporary Resort are located in the back and can be accessed by exiting through the main rear doors of the Contemporary Resort. Guests at the property also have access to the Disney Bay Lake Tower Pool next door. Lounge chair are plentiful around both of the pools but get yours early to make sure you get a good spot.
Pool and Water Park Information:
- Pool Hours: Daily 8am – 11pm
- Water Slides: 2 Water Slides – 1 is 130 foot long at the Contemporary Hotel and the other is 148 feet long at the Disney Bay Lake Tower Pool
- Lazy River: no Lazy River
- Kids Splash Park: Large Water Play area with fountains going off in random that the kids love to play in
- Towels: Located at the Contemporary Pool and the Bay Lake DVC Pool
- Notice: Pool hours can change without notice. Always check the daily schedule at the hotel for the updated hours to the pools and any events.
- Who: Access is available to all Contemporary and Bay Lake Tower in Orlando Guests
- Lifeguards: Lifeguards are on duty at all times the Water Slide is open. Please check with the front desk to verify these times.
There is not an Indoor Pool at the Contemporary Resort in Orlando.
Fun at the Water Slides
The large primary Swimming Pool at the Disney World Contemporary Resort is very large and is unique in its shape broken up into multiple round sections. As you leave the Contemporary Hotel and start walking through the Courtyard, the fastest way to get to the pool is by walking around the large Water Slide. Yes, the Contemporary Resort is equipped with a very fun, almost “S Shaped”, 130 foot water slide that takes all of its riders and dumps them into the far end of the pool. Lifeguards are on hand to make sure this is always a smooth process. On the other side of the pool there is a large fountain that sprays water continuously into the air.
Let the Kids splash and play
Located to the side of where the Water Slide is located at the Disney World Contemporary Resort, the younger kids will find that there is a fascinating Water Splashing area with gushing fountains of water that spew out of the ground to surprise then as they are walking through. There are other water features that will keep them occupied and cool through the entire day.
Sports on the Water
Oh the fun it will be to take out your very own Water Craft on the Bay Lake. Enjoy taking your kids on a pedal boat or if you are looking for a little more speed, the searay raycers might be a better choice. Maybe you want to try out para-sailing or get up on a pair of water skis for a while. Just about any sport you can imagine on the water can be done on the bay lake.
You will actually find 2 large Whirlpools at the Contemporary Hotel in Orlando Fl. One is located right in the center of the main pool but is camouflaged by streams of water to obscure it from view of the main pool to some degree. The second Hot Tub is located near the Water Slide. Go ahead, take a soak and rest those weary bones for a while.
We all enjoy being pampered at times and renting one of the Cabanas located around the pools at the Contemporary Resort could be just what you were looking for. You don’t normally have the opportunity to indulge so why not look into one of the Cabanas during your trip. Just keep in mind that there are only a few to choose from so you might want to get it booked early to make sure you get one.