Pool Fun at the Disney Contemporary Resort
Excitement surrounds you from all corners of the Contemporary Resort at Disney World. Just think about it, on one side you can see the Magic Kingdom in all of its wonder, but on the other side, you have access to a large Pool with so many fun things to do. The Pool at the Disney Contemporary is huge and unique in shape with multiple circular-type pools running together, giving you different sections to enjoy. Two hot tubs are located around the pool, and one of these is built right on the edge so the adults can keep an eye on the kids playing. Everyone in the family will enjoy the 135-foot water slide that starts nearly two stories up and glides down to a splash area in the main pool. For the little ones, a splash pad adds hours of safe fun. As you walk past the pool, you can step directly into the white sandy beach overlooking the beauty of Bay Lake.
Water Park Information at the Contemporary Resort:
- Pool Hours: Daily 8am – 11pm – (Times change throughout the year)
- Outdoor Pools: One (1) Large Heated Family Pool and another Circular Pool designed to be more quiet overlooking the Bay Lake
- Indoor Pool: no Indoor Heated Pool at the Contemporary Resort
- Large Water Slides: One (1) water slide that is 135-feet long
- Lazy River: There is not a Lazy River at the Disney Contemporary
- Kids Splash Park: Located behind the main pool is a kids splash pad with fountains and sprinklers to add to their fun
- Zero-entry: There is not a zero-entry access to the pool
- Hot Tub: Two (2) Hot Tubs are available at the Contemporary Pool. One is in the corner, overlooking the pool and the other is near the water slide
- Towels: Towels are provided at the Pool area
- Cabanas: Cabanas are available for an additional fee. Book early because the Cabanas are very limited.
- Notice: Pool hours can change without notice. Always check the daily schedule at the Disney Contemporary Resort for the updated hours to the pools and any events.
- Who: The Pool are for all Guests at the Contemporary Resort
- Lifeguards: Lifeguards are on duty at the Pool and water slide
Disney Contemporary Resort Pool and Water Fun Information
Outdoor - Heated Pool
The outdoor pool at the Contemporary Resort is heated for year-round enjoyment and comfort. This pool is very large and has an appearance of squishing 4 different sized round pools together in an L-shaped form. It is quite unique and the design gives multiple areas to swim and play.
- Pool Bar & Grill
- Water Slide
- Kids Splash Park
- White Sand Beaches by Bay Lake
Add some excitement to your time at the Contemporary Resort Pool with a 135-foot twisting water slide that splashes down in the main pool. Hours of enjoyment by your kids await. Lifeguards are continuously on duty and scanning the pool and water slide to make sure everyone stays safe.
Kids Splash Pad
Behind the entrance to the Water Slide, the younger kids will find a wonderful Water Splashing area with gushing fountains of water that spew out of the ground to surprise then as they are walking through. There are also plenty of sprinklers around to keep them cool.
Bay Lake - Quiet Pool
The Bay Lake Pool is a perfectly circular pool designed for all ages but requested to be a more quiet area for the adults to enjoy some time away from the excitement of the family pool. The Bullseye Pool is perched beside the Bay Lake, has a couple of cabanas and plenty of seating on the sundeck to read and take in the Florida sunshine.
Oh the fun it will be to take out your very own Water Craft on the Bay Lake. Enjoy taking your kids on a pedal boat or if you are looking for a little more speed, the searay raycers might be a better choice. Try out para-sailing or get up on a pair of water skis for a while. Just about any sport, you can imagine in the water can be done on the bay lake.
Being pampered is so much fun, and renting one of the Cabanas located around the pools at the Contemporary Resort could be just what you are looking for. You don't usually have the opportunity to indulge, so why not look into one of the Cabanas during your trip. Just keep in mind that there are only a few to choose from so you might want to get it booked early to make sure you get one.
Two (2) Hot Tubs are available at the Contemporary Hotel in Orlando Fl. One is located right in the center of the main pool but is camouflaged by streams of water to obscure it from the view of the main pool to some degree. The second Hot Tub is located near the Water Slide. Go ahead, take a soak and rest those weary bones for a while.
The Sand Bar
Want to stay at the pool all day? Get to the Pool early and get your spot picked out. When you get hungry, just head over to The Sand Var to get your outdoor grilling done with burgers, hot dogs and much more. The Sand Bar is also the perfect place to get your adult beverage and sip it while watching the kids in the pool
Frequently Asked Questions: Disney Contemporary Resort Pool
Is the Pool heated at the Contemporary Resort?
Yes, the main pool is heated to keep the temperature comfortable all year long
Are life vests available?
Yes, there are life vests provided for the kids at the main pool.
Is there a water slide at the Contemporary Resort?
The Outside Pool has a large, twisting water slide that is about 135-feet long
Is there a kids pool?
Well, there is a splash pad but not a kids pool.
Are lifeguards watching the pools?
You bet! Lifeguards are at the pool and keep an eye on the water slide.
Are there towels at the Pool?
Yes, towels are provided at the pool.
Do guests at the Contemporary Resort have access to the Pool and Water Slide at the Bay Lake Villas?
No, unfortunately this pool area is reserved for DVC (Disney Vacation Club) members.