Pool at the Walt Disney World Dolphin Resort
Designed to be a spot for the entire family to enjoy, the Grotto Swimming Pool area is one of the best places to hang out at the Dolphin Resort in Disney World. Slide down the twisting water slide that drops off on the far end of the pool and know that you are safe along the way as the water slide is always under the watchful eye of the Lifeguard. The waterfall is mesmerizing and continuously flows into the pool, keeping everyone cool during the hottest months. One of the greatest features of staying at the Dolphin Resort is the fact that its sister property, the Swan Resort, shares all of its fun amenities, giving your family a total of 3 more quiet swimming pool locations to choose from while you enjoy reading a book and watching the children play around you. This makes a total of 4 Pools to make a splash in.
Pool Information at the Dolphin Resort in Orlando:
- Pool Hours: Daily 9am – 9pm
- Outdoor Pool: There are a total of five (5) pools at the Walt Disney World Dolphin Resort and the Walt Disney World Swan. Pools are shared between these 2 sister resorts. The largest is the Grotto Pool, but there are two (2) Lap Pools, the Spring Pool and a Kiddie Pool.
- Large Water Slides: One (1) 80-foot water slide at the Grotto Pool
- Kids Water Slides: There are not any small kids water slides
- Lazy River: There is not a Lazy River at the Dolphin Resort in Orlando
- Kids Splash Park: There is not a kids splash park but there is a large, shallow kids pool with bubbling fountains
- Zero-entry: There are not any zero-enty points for any of the pools
- Hot Tub: There are four (4) Hot Tubs located at various points around the Outdoor Pools
- Towels: Towels are provided at the pool area
- Cabanas: Cabanas are available for an additional fee. Be sure to book yours early.
- Notice: Pool hours can change without notice. Always check the daily schedule at the Walt Disney World Dolphin Resort for the updated hours to the pools and any events.
- Who: The Pool are for all Guests at the Walt Disney World Dolphin Resort and the Walt Disney World Swan
- Lifeguards: Lifeguards are on duty around the pools and the water slide
Disney World Dolphin Resort Pools
I want to swim under the bridge
Under the Grotto
Love the waterfall
Don’t dive here
Look at all of the seating
Pool area at the Walt Disney World Dolphin
The Grotto pool is the largest of the pools at the Disney World Dolphin Resort and offers hours of fun for the kids and relaxation for the adults. The Pool itself is enormous with many coves and places to get away from groups of people. The waterfalls are relaxing as they continuously flow into the pool over the Grotto. The 80-foot water slide offers great fun for the older kids and the adults.
Time to splash
Water slide rules
Great views when walking to the water slide
This way to the water slide
There is no place better for the older kids and adults to share fun moments than at the 80-foot water slide at the Walt Disney Dolphin Resort. Starting at the top of the rocks, above the waterfall and grotto, the water slide starts off straight and then turns a full 360 degrees before you hit the splashdown point.
Two Lap Pools
Hammock near the lap pool
Ready, set, go
Seating at the lap pool
Time to relax
On either side of the main Grotto Pool, a couple of more quiet pools are waiting. The two (2) lap pools are great for the adults to sit back, relax and take in the day.
Located at the far end of the Grotto Pool is a circular, more shallow pool for the younger kids to play. This area looks connected to the Grotto Pool but it is not and it creates a safe haven for the little ones to play.
There are a total of four (4) large hot tubs located around the various pools at the Dolphin Resort in Walt Disney World.
Want to play in the sand? Walk out on to the white sands on the large beach area beside the Grotto Pool. A playground is located on the beach and a volleyball court for additional fun. Lounge by the water while the kids are playing and just relax.
Taking the Swan pedal boats out on the lake is a fun past time at the Walt Disney World Dolphin Resort.