Beachside Fun at the Disney Grand Floridian Pool
The Disney Grand Floridian Pools are special in design taking you back to a time in the early 1900’s when things were more simple yet very elegant in design. The Beach Pool is located steps from the sand and Seven Seas Lagoon giving you breathtaking views of the Grand Floridian and the Magic Kingdom. Sitting in your lounge chair by the pool, you can sip on your favorite adult beverage as the kids are playing and you see the Monorail pass by. This is a view like no other Resort in Disney World. The Beach Pool also offers a fun 181-foot water slide and a Mad Hatters Kids Splash Park with smaller water slides. A slightly quieter experience can be found at the Courtyard pool. The Courtyard Pool at the Disney Grand Floridian is larger than the Beach Pool but it does not have a Water Slide or Splash Park.
Water Park Information at the Grand Floridian:
- Pool Hours: Daily 8am – 11pm – (Times change throughout the year)
- Outdoor Pool: Beach and Courtyard Pool
- Indoor Pool: no Indoor Heated Pool at the Grand Floridian
- Large Water Slides: One (1) water slide that is 181-feet long at the Beach Pool
- Kids Water Slides: Two (2) kids water slides at the Mad Hatters Splash Park
- Lazy River: There is not a Lazy River at the Disney Grand Floridian Resort in Orlando
- Kids Splash Park: Beside the Beach Pool you will find the Mad Hatters Kids Splash Park with Dumping Bucket, 2 water slides and zero-entry all around
- Zero-entry: Zero-entry is available at the Beach and Courtyard pools as well as the Kids Splash Park
- Hot Tub: A Hot Tub can be found at the Courtyard Pool, there is not a Hot Tub at the Beach Pool
- Towels: Towels are provided at the Beach and Courtyard pools
- Cabanas: Cabanas are available for an additional fee at the Beach Pool only. Book early because they are very limited.
- Notice: Pool hours can change without notice. Always check the daily schedule at the Disney Grand Floridian for the updated hours to the pools and any events.
- Who: The Pool are for all Guests at the Disney Grand Floridian
- Lifeguards: Lifeguards are on duty at the Beach and Courtyard pools and the water slides
Pools and Water Fun at the Grand Floridian in Disney World
In the perfect spot to view the boats on the Seven Seas Lagoon and view the Fireworks at the Magic Kingdom, the Beach Pool is special in its location and what it has to offer. The white sand beach flows along the lake side and up to the walkway leading to the zero-entry access point to the Beach Pool. The 181-foot water slide twists and turns until you drop into the splash zone. Kids love the Splash Park to the side of the pool and Cabanas are available for rent.
- Cabana Rental
- Pool Bar & Grill
- Water Slide
- Kids Splash Park
- White Sand Beach
Peaceful and delightful, the Courtyard Pool is located directly behind the main building and is larger than the Beach Pool with zero-entry and bubbling fountains. A large hot tub is situated to the side of the pool giving the adults a relaxation that is much needed after walking through the Disney Parks. Usually, the Courtyard Pool at the Disney Grand Floridian is quieter than the Beach Pool since there is not a water slide at this location.
- Bubbling Fountains
- Pool Bar & Grill
Water Slides make playing at the pool more enjoyable for kids and adults. The Beach Pool has a large 181-foot long twisting water slide providing hours of fun. Little kids will want to head over to the Mad Hatters Splash Park for a couple of smaller water slides.
- Large 181-foot Water Slide at the Beach Pool
- Two (2) Kiddie Water Slides at the Mad Hatters Splash Park
Kids Splash Park
Great fun awaits the little ones at the Mad Hatters Kids Splash Park near the Beach Pool at the Disney Grand Floridian Resort. Shallow water and zero-entry access on all sides make this a safe and fun place for your smaller kids. Two kids water slides provide hours of enjoyment and watch out for the large hat on top, it splashes gallons of water down and keeps everyone cool.
- Located by the Beach Pool
- Two (2) kids water slides
- Dumping water bucket
- Zero-entry Shallow Water
- Plenty of Seating
Beaches Pool Bar and Grill
No need to leave the Pool when you get hungry. Head over to the Beaches Pool Bar and Grill to have a wonderful lunch or your favorite adult beverage.
Cabanas are a luxurious addition to your stay by the Beach Pool. Comfortable seating and great refreshments. There are only a few cabanas available so be sure to rent yours early.
Grand Floridian Resort Swimming Pool Information
Most of the Disney properties have water sports available on the resorts and the Grand Floridian Resort is not an exception. Located along the shores of the Seven Seas Lagoon, the white sandy beaches give way to watersports like taking a sailboat out on the lake. If you want some powered water sports, you will want to head over to the marina where you can rent a sea ray raycer or even take out a beautiful yacht.
Frequently Asked Questions: Disney Grand Floridian Resort Pool
Are the pools heated at the Grand Floridian Resort?
Yes - both the Beach Pool and the Courtyard pool are heated for your comfort at the Disney Grand Floridian Resort
Are towels provided at the pools?
There are Towel Bins at both pools
Is there a water slide at the Grand Floridian Resort?
A large 181-foot Water Slide with many turns can be found at the Beach Pool and two (2) smaller, kiddie water slides are located at the Mad Hatters Kids Splash Park near the Beach Pool.
Are Life Vests provided?
Yes, life vests are complimentary at the pools at the Disney Grand Floridian.
Is there a pool bar?
The Beach Pool and the Courtyard Pool both have a Bar & Grill making is easy to sip your favorite beverage by the pool and order lunch and snacks without ever leaving.
Are there events at the pool for the kids?
Yes, the cast members put on a great show around the Beach Pool so check out the times listed at the pool or check with the front desk.
Does the Grand Floridian have a Lazy River?
No, that would be fun though.