Known by its style and elegance of years gone by, a time that you can re-live when you visit the Disney Grand Floridian Resort & Spa. Known as the flagship of the Deluxe Disney Resort properties, even as you pull up to the main entrance, you just begin to see the grandeur of this first class Orlando location. The main buildings are absolutely stunning with the beauty of an early 1900’s Victorian design that goes unmatched among the other resorts. What’s more, it is sitting on the banks of the Seven Seas Lagoon with sandy beaches and all of the amenities you would expect from a first class property of this scale.
Disney Deluxe accommodations at its finest
The Grand Floridian Resort has 6 main buildings with 867 rooms available for their guests to enjoy. Staying at such an impressive place means that there will be decisions to make when you book your accommodations. No matter where you stay or what budget you have, if you are staying at the Disney Floridian, you can rest assured that you will be taken well care of. The choice of rooms include standard and deluxe areas that are very similar to a Hotel room that you might book. Since this is a Deluxe property, you will also have options of upgrading to a 1 or 2 bedrooms suite that will sleep up to 8 guests if needed. One of the harder decisions you will have to make is the view that you get with your room. To find out more, take a look at the Amenities and you will see all of the different room types and views that are available. There are also rooms available that have club membership privileges.
Water Slides and Kids Play Area at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort Orlando!
Being pampered and well taken care of is only one great reason to stay at the Grand Floridian. As an adult, you might start to get lost in this mollycoddling but don’t forget, this is a Disney Resort and being such, it has many family activities to keep you and the kids busy during your stay. Take, for instance, the 2 large pools with a water slide and even a zero entry access location for the smaller ones. Having a pool might be nice but throw in a Water Slide and “let the fun begin”. The pool area transforms in the evenings and offers a special movie viewing under the stars. The 24 hour arcade is a very entertaining place to bring the kids and let them play. Even though you are not near the ocean, there is a beautiful white sandy beach nearby and watercraft rentals available to take out on the Seven Seas Lagoon. Rent a Cabana and live like royalty while you spend the day by the pool. Get more information and also view pictures of the Grand Floridian Pools.
You Should Know
- Airport Transportation
- Age Minimum
- Check In Time
- Pet Friendly
- Plan Ahead
- Resort Fee
- Smoking Rooms
- Wheelchair Accessible/Hearing Impaired Accessible Rooms
The Resort provides complimentary airport transportation (Orlando International Airport) via Disney’s Magical Express.
Patios are available for most of the 1st floor rooms and balconies are available on most of the upper floors
Check In time is 3pm. Check Out is 11am.
Complimentary WiFi in all Guest Rooms and some of the Public areas in the Resort
There are coin operated machines in the main building on the second floor
Dry Cleaning is available through the Front Desk
Disney Magnolia Golf Course
Complimentary Self Parking
Valet Parking Available
Although you are very close to all of the Disney Theme Parks, take some time to enjoy the lavish vacation that is provided by staying at the Grand Floridian Resort. Make sure to get your tickets early to the parks so you do not have to wait in line. There is a concierge service at the resort that can help you with all of this if you need.
No resort fees listed when last checked
All rooms are non-smoking.
Both wheelchair and hearing impaired accessible room are available
TTY equipment can be requested
Service Animals Welcome
All Pricing is subject to change.
- As with most of the Disney Resort there is complimentary Shuttle Service to and from Orlando International Airport, Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Animal Kingdom, Downtown Disney, Typhoon Lagoon Water Park, Blizzard Beach Water Park, Summerland Mini Golf Course, Fantasia Gardens Mini Golf Course, ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex, Other Disney Resort Hotels. There is also complimentary ferry service to boat service to the other Disney hotels as well as a full monorail system to access the Disney Theme Parks.
- Extended Theme Park Hours
- Complimentary WiFi Internet
- Self Parking
- Complimentary Wheelchairs
- Concierge Assistance
- Rooms and Suites available with accommodations for up to 8 in the 2 Bedroom Suites
- Seven Seas Lagoon and a Long Sandy Beach
- 2 Pools: Large Family Fun Pool and 1 Large Quiet Pool with 2 Hot Tubs
- Pool Hours: 8am to 11pm
- Cabanas around the pool areas
- Enjoy the fun of the Water Slide
- Kiddie Water Play area
- Large Video Arcade
- Beach Volleyball
- La Vida Health Club
- Jogging Trail
- Movies Under the Stars
Guest Room Perks
- Lagoon Views Standard Sleeps up to 5
- Theme Park Views Standard Sleeps up to 5
- Garden Views Standard Sleeps up to 4
- Club Level Standard Rooms with Views of the Lake Sleeps up to 4
- Club Level Standard Rooms with Views of the Theme Park Sleeps up to 5
- Club Level 1 Bedroom Suites with Views of the Theme Park Sleeps up to 4
- Club Level 1 Bedroom Suites with Views of the Beach Sleeps up to 4
- Club Level 2 Bedroom Suites with Views of the Courtyard or Pool Sleeps up to 8
- Club Level 2 Bedroom Suites with Views of the Marina Sleeps up to 8
- Club Level 2 Bedroom Suites with Views of the Theme Park Sleeps up to 8
- Flat Panel TV’s
- Handicapped Accessible Rooms Available