Disney Resort with Skyliner Transportation
How many of the Disney Resort with Skyliner locations are there in Disney World? If you have not had a chance to ride the Disney World Skyliner yet, you are in for a real treat. As with other Disney transportation, the Skyliner is just another way of getting you from your Disney Resort to other Disney Locations. As the Disney Skyliner expands service across Disney World, it will connect guests to other Resorts but for now it has connections to:
- Hollywood Studios
Disney Resorts with Boarding Station
Boarding one of the Gondolas of the Skyliner directly from your Disney Resort is like starting the day with a ride. So far, these are the Disney Resorts that offer service directly to the property.
- Caribbean Beach Resort
- Disney Pop Century Resort
- Disney Art of Animation Resort
- Disney Riviera Resort
Disney Resorts within walking distance to a Skyliner Boarding Station
All of these Disney Resorts are very close the to Boarding Station at Epcot and should be considered on this list. While not connected to any of the resorts, it is very close to all of the Disney Resorts located around the Seven Seas Lagoon.
It will be exciting to watch for additional routes as they are discussed at Disney World but for now, this is what we have.
Disney Skyliner Boarding Stations
Taking a look at the Disney Skyliner Map (shown above), you can see how all of the routes connect. Traveling the entire route would take some time but it is a fun adventure if you want a break from the parks and would like to try something different. It is also nice to see some of the other resorts and maybe, stop off for a bite to eat.
- Epcot Station: Walking over the bridge from the Disney Resorts on Crescent Lake, you will find the Epcot Skyliner Station. It is impossible to miss all of the Gondolas swinging overhead as you make your way to the rear entrance to the World Showcase at Epcot. Any of the guests visiting Epcot can jump on the Skyliner from this location as well as vacationers at the Boardwalk Inn, Beach Club, or Disney Yacht Club Resort). From this station, you can take a ride to any of the other resorts or Hollywood Studios on the line.
- Riviera Resort Station: Hopping aboard the Skyliner from the Disney Riviera Resort makes you feel special, since it is one of the four Disney Resorts with a Gondola Station. Head over to the Caribbean Beach Resort and grab a some lunch.
- Caribbean Beach Station: The Carribean Beach Station is a hub location where you can go in multiple directions depending on the Skyliner path you get on. From this hub you can go to Hollywood Studios, visit the Pop Century, and Art of Animation Resort, or head back over to the Riviera Resort and continue on to Epcot World Showcase.
- Hollywood Studios Station: Walk right past the bus loading station and board the Skyliner station at Hollywood Studios. At this time, there is only one way out of Hollywood Studios by Gondola and it connects you to the Caribbean Beach Resort hub. From the Carribean Beach Hub, head up to the Riviera Resort and onto Epcot or go in the other direction to Pop Century and Art of Animation.
- Art of Animation & Pop Century Station: Shared in between the Pop Century, and Art of Animation Resort, you board the Skyliner on the connecting bridge between these resorts. Your connecting hub will be the Disney Caribbean Beach Resort. From here, take the connecting ride to Epcot or Hollywood Studios.
Estimated Ride times to each Station:
- Disney Riviera Resort to Epcot: about 10 minutes
- Disney Riviera Resort to Hollywood Studios: about 11-12 minutes in travel time but there is a connection hub at the Caribbean Beach Resort that will take a few minutes longer. Total time could be 20 min or longer depending on the lines.
- Caribbean Beach Resort to Hollywood Studios: 5 – 6 minutes
- Caribbean Beach Resort to Pop Century, and Art of Animation Resort: 5 – 6 minutes
- Caribbean Beach Resort to Disney Riviera Resort: 5 minutes
- Caribbean Beach Resort to Epcot: about 15-16 minutes
- Pop Century, and Art of Animation Resort to Hollywood Studios: 10 – 12 minutes plus the time it takes to transfer at the Caribbean Beach Resort.
- Pop Century, and Art of Animation Resort to Epcot: 20 – 22 minutes. Be sure to add the additional time for the transfer at the Caribbean Beach Resort.
Once you ride on the Skyliner, you might find it one of the preferable ways to travel in Disney World. It seems more like a ride than a mode of transportation. The kids love looking out of the windows and seeing the Disney World surroundings.
Disney Skyliner Schedule
You can use the Disney Skyliner for many of your visits to the Disney Parks and Resorts it services. Disney’s Skyliner runs from 6:45 AM until 10:30 PM. Be sure to check the times when you will be visiting as this time can change based on the time of year.
How many people can board a single Skyliner Gondola?
Each of the Gondolas on the Disney Skyliner is designed to hold up to 10 people.
More information on the Skyliner
For additional information on the Disney Skyliner system, check out the article, All about Disney’s Skyliner Transportation. Most of your questions will be answered here.