Water Fun at Port Orleans Riverside
The only way to get to the massive 3.5-acre family water park, Ol’ Man Island is to walk across one of the three bridges over the Sassagoula River. Once you are on the island, the excitement starts to take over as the large Family Pool comes in to view. The Pool at the Ol’ Man Island is the largest of the six (6) pools at Disney’s Port Orleans Riverside, and the 95-foot water slide awaits, ready to give you a fun, twisting ride to the splash-down area in the pool. A large, circular children’s pool is located beside the main pool with plenty of lounge chairs for the parents to relax while the little ones play and cool off.
More fun at the French Quarter
Many guests who book a room at the Port Orleans Riverside don’t realize that they also have access to all of the Fun things to do at the Port Orleans French Quarter right next door. Perfect for the smaller kids, the Doubloon Lagoon water play area has a large pool with a colorful sea serpent built to span the entire pool area with a 51-foot water slide for the kids to slip and slide on all day long. Even more enjoyable for the little ones is the full kid’s splash park with smaller water slide, zero-entry and plenty of sprinklers and water fountains. The Doubloon Lagoon shows itself off with bright, vibrant colors that you would see when attending Mardi Gras in New Orleans.
Water Park Information at Orlando World Center Marriott:
- Pool Hours: Daily 8am – 11pm
- Outdoor Pool: Family Pool at the Ol’ Man Island and 5 more quiet pools located around the Port Orleans Riverside Resort
- Indoor Pool: You will not find an Indoor Heated Pool at the Riverside Port Orleans
- Large Water Slides: One (1) large, 95-foot water slide at Ol’ Man Island Pool
- Lazy River: There is not a Lazy River at the Port Orleans Riverside Resort in Orlando
- Childrens Pool: A shallow kids pool is located beside the main Family Pool in Ol Mans Island
- Zero-entry: Zero-entry access is available at the kids pool
- Hot Tub: A hot tub is located by the Family Pool in Ol’ Man Island
- Towels: Towels are provided at each the pool areas
- Notice: Pool hours can change without notice. Always check the daily schedule at the front desk of the Port Orleans Riverside hotel for the updated hours
- Who: The Pool are for all Guests at the Port Orleans Riverside and Port Orleans French Quarter
- Lifeguards: Lifeguards are on duty around the Ol’ Man Island pool and the water slide
Pools & Water Fun at the Port Orleans Riverside Resort in Disney World
Ol' Man Island
The Water Park area where you can relax and play is gigantic at 3.5-acres with a huge pool, water slide, children's splash zone and a hot tub. A pool bar is close by making it easy to get your adult beverage and enjoy your time by the pool while the kids are off playing.
- 3.5 Acre Ol' Mans Island Swimming Pool
- Water Slide
- Shallow Child's Pool Area
Large Water Slide
The Water Slide at the Ol' Man Island adds so much fun, not only for the kids but the adults as well. Kids climb the stairs time and time again to slip down the 95-foot water slide and parents love to sit and watch them have so much fun. Be sure to join in!
Children's Shallow Pool
Little ones might get a little intimidated by the large pool and a large number of people. The shallow kid's pool is located beside the Family pool at the Ol' Man Island offering a great place to stay cool and create a buffer between them and the other families having fun. Plenty of lounge chairs make it comfortable for you to sit back and read a book while your little one enjoys splashing around.
If the Ol' Man Island Pool is a little more than you bargained for, there are five (5) other pools located around the Port Orleans Riverside Resort. Perfect for that relaxing day by the water. Normally, there are not many kids around so these pools are pretty quiet.
Muddy Rivers Pool Bar
Perched over the Ol' Man Island water Slide, the Muddy Rivers Pool Bar is great for getting your adult beverage and hanging out by the bar, or if you would rather, you can take your delicious drink and have it with you while lounging by the pool.
Life jackets are provided free of charge when you enter the Ol' Man Island Pool. Kids who are not strong in the water will appreciate the floatation device and it will give you some peace of mind.
Frequently Asked Questions: Disney Port Orleans Riverside Pool
Are the pools heated at the Port Orleans Riverside Resort?
Yes, all of the pools are heated, the Family Pool at Ol' Man Island and the five (5) other pools around the resort.
Are towels provided at the pools?
Yes, no need to bring your own towels, they are provided at each pool
Is there a water slide at the Riverside Port Orleans Resort?
Yes, a wonderful, twisting 95-foot water slide is ready to go when visiting the Family Pool at the 3.5-acre water park at Ol' Man Island
I have small kids, is there a pool for them?
A shallow, circular kids pool is located right beside the main family pool at the Ol' Man Island
Are lifeguards watching the pools?
Yes, Disney has lifeguards watching the Family Pool and the Water Slide to keep everyone safe